BUCKEYES AT WORK IN BEIJING 2017
On the evening of September 14th, Professor Galal Walker met with a group of Buckeyes to catch up with their activities in the Capitol. The gathering took place at a Yunnan style restaurant located in a hutong in a part of Beijing whose name has been lost to jetlag. The food was excellent; the company even better.
Starting with the bearded fellow on the right, the celebrants were:
- Jake Kursinskis, who is at Beijing University researching Chinese journalism's presentations of America.
- Trey Rainey, who is enrolled in the Beijing Film Institute and who is researching the cross-cultural role of humor in the increasingly more closely related film industries of China and America.
- Adam Skov, who studied at the Beijing Film Institute last year and is now working at a film and video production company in Beijing.
- Kristian Kender, who studied Chinese a couple of decades ago at OSU and who is now Managing Director at China Media Management, Inc.
- The jet lagged professor.
- Jake Parker, from the 2008-2009 Midwest US China Flagship Program. Jake is now the China Representative for the US China Business Council.
This is a vigorous group who are prepared for a productive, if challenging, year. Let's hope they keep in touch from time to time.