2013-2015 Midwest US-China Flagship students receive full scholarships for their second year in China
The Chinese Consulate General in New York has just notified us about the 2014-2015 scholarships from the Chinese Government Scholarship Program for all of our Flagship students. The seven students will receive full tuition, living stipend, medical insurance, and accommodation on their respective campuses.
The scholarship schools are all top universities in China and the major programs are based on our students’ requests. Here is where everyone is going for the following academic year:
- William (Mac) Carr will go to Tsinghua University (Beijing) majoring in Economics and Management.
- Briun Greene will go to Peking University (Beijing) majoring in Business Management.
- Tina Li will go to Sun Yat-Sen (Guangzhou) University majoring in Marketing.
- Mack Lorden will go to Zhejiang University (Hangzhou) majoring in Tea.
- Cassandra Olsen will go to Peking University majoring in International Relations.
- Nicholas Pochedly will go to Peking University majoring in Business Management.
- Joel Poncz will go to Sun Yat-Sen University majoring in Environmental Studies.
Two additional OSU students of Chinese were awarded scholarships:
Alexandra Draggeim (Flagship alumna and PhD student in Chinese Language Pedagogy) is offered a scholarship to Shanghai International Studies University to study Interpretation and Translation; and Vyacheslav Dade (undergraduate) is given a scholarship to Fudan University to study Chinese Language.
These nine scholarship are valued at approximately US $25,000.