Main Contact Information

Dr. Galal Walker

Director, OSU Midwest US-China Flagship Program
100 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
Tel: (614) 292-4361
Fax: (614) 688-3355

Dr. Xiaobin Jian

Director, OSU Suzhou Center
OSU-SU Suzhou Center
No. 1 Shizi Street
Suzhou, China
Post Code: 215006

Ms. Feiqian Zong

Manager, OSU Midwest US-China Flagship Program
198 Hagerty Hall, 1775 College Rd
Columbus, OH 43210
Tel: (614) 247-8906
Fax: (614) 688-3355

Emergency Contacts

We hope everyone has a safe and sound trip. If something happens, please follow the following instructions:

  1. Contact your resident director, host institution coordinator, or other in country contact person immediately.
  2. Contact OIA, (614) 292-6101, during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ask to speak with your Study Abroad coordinator.
  3. After hours and on weekends, call The Ohio State University’s 24-hour number at (614) 292-6677 to report your emergency. This 24-hour number will be answered by the university’s Security Services, who will take your information and contact the appropriate university personnel.
  4. Contact your family or appropriate person(s) in the United States and establish a communication schedule.
    If your plan is delayed and you have to stay at the airport, please dial the EMERGENCY NUMBER, or call your parents or your resident director and let them know your whereabouts.
  5. Medical emergency:
    1. What should you do if you become ill or are injured?

      In the event of a medical emergency, contact your Ohio State resident director or host institution coordinator immediately. If you are unable to reach these individuals and your medical condition requires immediate attention, go to the nearest hospital or medical facility.
    2. What if you do not know where to go?

      From outside the US, you should call HTH collect +1 610-254-8771. Within the US, call toll free 1-800-257-4823.
      Referrals: HTH will provide special assistance in locating the nearest, most appropriate medical care.
      Translators: In the event of an emergency situation, HTH will provide translation services and referrals to local interpreters as necessary.
    3. If you are hospitalized and have a large bill, what should you do?

      If you are hospitalized, HTH may be able to coordinate hospital payment guarantees. Call HTH as soon as possible after you are admitted to the hospital to discuss payment options.

HTH Worldwide and its assistance provider operate a 24 hour, 7 days a week, emergency global assistance service. For medical and other emergency assistance, call HTH Worldwide collect from outside the US at +1 610-254-8771. Within the US, call toll free at 1-800-257-4823. Be prepared to give your name, your HTH certificate number (on your insurance card), and a description of your emergency.