Non-OSU students, please contact your study abroad office regarding how to obtain credit for participation in OSU-delivered Chinese language programs in Suzhou and Guangzhou.
Post-1st Level & Level 4
- Outcome: Graded OSU credit
- Cost: OSU tuition + $3410 program fee (see the OIA website for more details)
- Outcome: No graded OSU credit*
- Cost: $6000
- Outcome: Pre-GPS Corps superior level proficiency, no graded OSU credit
- Cost: $4800
Global Professional Service (GPS) Corps (1-11 month internship)
- Outcome: Professional experience in a Chinese organization
- Cost: Set-up & orientation @ $3300 + coordination @ ($600 x # of months)**; Group rates available for 5 or more participants from one referring institution
* Admitted/enrolled OSU students taking classes in levels 1-4 not for OSU credit may take a placement test in Columbus for un-graded EM credit. EM credit can be awarded through C510/511. OSU students taking Level 5 without credit may take graduate level Chinese Flagship courses beginning in the fall, but cannot receive EM credit from a placement test.
** Includes visa arrangement, 1-week pre-internship workshop, workshop housing, internship placement & supervision, internship verification for home institution credit transfer. Does NOT include actual visa fee, transportation, meals, mandatory insurance coverage, internship housing, medical/legal expenses.
*** Cost includes tuition, instruction, housing in Guangzhou, local excursions, study materials, and international travel insurance.
**** Cost does not cover visa fees or supplimentary insurance.
***** Please make checks payable to THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY.
If you decide to withdraw from the program, you must submit written notification to the Department of East Asian Languages & Literatures.
All refunds will be based on program fee minus the non-refundable $500.
Refunds will be made according to schedule below; notice of withdrawal notice must be received by 5 p.m. EST on the date given to receive that rate:
May 20 Late payment penalty of $100 starts
May 26 Last day of 100% refund (minus deposit).
June 9 Last day of 80% of full program fee refund (minus deposit).
June 10 Late payment penalty increases to $350.
June 11 Last day of 50% of full program fee refund (minus deposit).
June 18 Late payment penalty increases to $500; no refunds for program withdrawal.
If you have any questions regarding payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.