Visa Application


A Chinese F visa is needed for attending summer programs at the Suzhou Center.


  1. One completely filled out Visa Application Form [pdf] for the P. R. China (V.2013). No item should be blank or altered. For items with no answers, fill in N/A. The form cannot be saved. You can fill out the form online and print it out. Before you print it out, please make sure all information you provide is correct and accurate. Don’t forget to sign your name at the end of the form
  2. One recently-taken 2x2 inch color photo (AKA a “passport photo”) showing the entire face and without a hat. Please affix the photo to the application form. This photo must be printed on photo paper. A color printout on regular paper is not acceptable.
  3. The applicant’s passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of visa application.
  4. Xerox copies of any previous visas to China.
  5. The passport should be valid at least 18 months beyond the date of application for those who apply for a 12 months visa.
  6. An applicant born in China who is applying for a Chinese visa with a new foreign passport is required to submit his or her Chinese passport or last foreign passport.
  7. Non-US citizens shall provide documents valid for at least 6 months that entitle them to reside for an extended period of time in the US, such as a Green card, work or study visa (together with copies of those documents). Temporary visitors to the US should apply for a Chinese visa in their own country.
  8. Non-OSU-credit students must submit a $214 visa application fee (includes express mail and agency service at consulate). Please make your check or money order payable to “Fun Travel.” In the notes section, please put "Suzhou tourist visa" and your level number.

The visa application form and all required materials above must be received by Friday, April 11, 2014.

Questions regarding the visa application process should be addressed to Rachel Wayne at

[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact